Friday, September 14, 2007

ZZZZZZZ...........


Just thought I would check in. The semester is in full swing and I am ahead of the wave known as studying and projects. I am the Big Kahuna and hope I don't crash and burn trying to ride the pipeline. The air has turned cool, so welcome relief after a long, hot summer. I have threatened many times to aquire a kiddie pool in which to cool myself. Where are my floaties? My brain is fried after a long week and the most apatizing word that comes to mind is sleep. Oh, the sweet ectasy of the z! Is there anything better than a cool evening, snuggled under a blanket, fast asleep in hibernation. Guess I am easy to please. A couple of sleeping funnies. I woke up once upon a night, terrified that someone was in my room. No, worries though, it was only Mr. Jordan, the life sized cardboard cutout of the famed ballplayer. Even funnier, more than once, as I have gotten up to use the restroom I have accidently ran into a shut bedroom door. Good thing I have such a hard head.


O bed! O bed! delicious bed! That heaven upon earth to the weary head.
~Thomas Hood, Miss Kilmansegg - Her Dream


And if tonight my soul may find her peace in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,and in the morning wake like a new-opened flowerthen I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
~D.H. Lawrence

No comments: