Tuesday, September 11, 2007

R.I.P. Monkey


I recieved some sad news today. About ten years ago I lived in a house with several roommates, one of them by the name of Monica. It came to my attention today that she passed away in July, just short of 31. It appears that she had began to struggle with both achohol and drugs, and this in turn led her to her demise. I have not visited with or been in contact with Monica since those days so many days ago, but I have fond memories of her and the time I was able to spend around her. She had a mischevious laugh and a few enduring quirks. For example, she had a Lion that she was very attached to. Adam, Joe and I once put the Lion out the window on roof, and another time bindfolded the creature, as he was being kidnapped. Also, she always had a stash of candy in her drawer. I never pass a bag of Halloween candy without thinking of her, as I will continue to do. It makes me sad to hear of her passing, but pray that she will find peace and happiness on the other side of the veil. She had so much to offer, and pray that she will come to know how much she was loved and how special she was.

No comments: