Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dear Friends and Family

Dear Friends and Family,

Lots of homework this past week but as always I have been able to stay on tope of things. Actually having the opportunity to spend part of my day in a library setting has really inspired me and spark my enthusiasm for something I already love and enjoy. It always feels good to have things that inspire one in life and I certainly have that. I love the world of books and all that goes with that sort of environment. John Grisham just came out with another book, “Playing for Pizza”, that I am just dying to read. David Halberstam’s “Coldest Winter” about the Korean War is another one I am looking forward to reading. I’m a big fan: I wrote my Senior Seminar capstone thesis paper on his reporting during the Vietnam. There are always more books than time sadly.

I’ve had a lot of fun canning this fall. There just something therapeutic about the entire process. I’ve been wanting to take the concept of Razzleberry Pie, give it a kick and turn it into a jam. In that vein, yesterday I made my first batch of RazzleDazzleBerry Jam. It was wonderful. It is deliciously sweet with a wonderful afterburn. In an effort to find additional uses for our overabundance of Summer Squash and Zucchini Mom bottled some Summer Squash and Zucchini pickles. They look delicious. Click on the hyper links to see the pictures

I’ve been having lots of fun with my blog and discovering all kinds of fun little widgets. Just the word makes them sound fun. I have combined all of my separate links that were listed on the bottom of my email onto my blog, so if you are looking for my photos page, just click on the blog. I have also created a link for my newly mounted podcast. It is a blast to play with all of these gadgets and learn new stuff and to just experiment. Even if I am the only one who looks at it, I am really enjoying myself.

It is a little known fact, but I am a big fan of bluegrass. My friend Steffani purchased an Allison Krauss Greatest Hits Album back in 1995 and played ‘When You Say Nothing at All” quite a bit. I loved the song and there began my interest. Sometimes when I am working on the computer I go to BluegrassCountry.Org website and listen to their radio station on line. It is very calming music in a way. I am a huge fan of the sound of a violin/fiddle, the mandolin, and banjo. Slide and Steel Guitars hit the spot too. Check out the site, you’ll enjoy it. I was killing time at Borders last week and listened to some samples of a CD by Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs. It had some nice tunes. My musical tastes are pretty eclectic; I enjoy anything that has a good sound to it.

The Rockies will play the Padres to decide who will win the wildcard tomorrow. Last week was some of the most exciting baseball I have watched in quite awhile. It is exciting to see the team do so well. I’ll be rooting for them tomorrow. After losing to Arizona on Friday 4-2, The no class Diamondbacks decided to celebrate their clinching a playoff birth on the field at Coors Field. The Diamondbacks were then soundly trounced 11-4 the next day. No wonder no one in Arizona goes to see this team. Go Rockies! Thanks for indulging my baseball banter. I love the game. I have written major research papers in the past on the history of baseball in Japan and Asia in general, Roberto Clemente, and the history of baseball in Latin America, plus I’ve read more books on the history of baseball than I care to remember. I have also watched Ken Burn’s baseball at least twice. I am a junkie! Somebody stop me! When I get into something I really get into it and my love started at an early age.

With that, I bid you adieu. I hope all is going well and that you enjoy reading a brief glimpse into my life each week. Take care.

Love,

Steve

No comments: