Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fresh Fruit, Corn on the Cob and other Musings

Musings! I love that word! A friend of mine used it the other day and I just coudn't wait to use it any longer. Some words are like a pair of old comfortable socks: No matter how worn or,let's just say colorful, they fit just right. Goldilocks wasn't the only one who was particular. Truth be told, she was just a woman who knew what she wanted.

Nothing tastes better than the bounty of fruits and vegetables that can be found come Spring and Summer. Fresh Strawberries are my personal favorite followed closely by a juice peach. You know the type of peach I'm talking about: The kind where the juice runs down your chin as you take a bite and the flavor explodes as you reach close to nirvana. The other day I bought a fresh pineapple and cut it up. Mixed it together with some cantalope and watermelon. Heaven!

Haven't had any cob corn yet. Everytime I pass the bin at the grocery store people are ripping through it like ravenous wolves. I secretly thing they are just preparing for Christmas shopping. I like my cob with some melted butter, a smittering of red pepper flakes and maybe, if I am feeling dangerous, a dash of tabasco sauce. (I must admit I grow habaneros each year to make habanero jam, a pleasure that is near and dear to my heart.)

No comments: