Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dear Family and Friends


Dear Family and Friends,

It is cold and dreary here on the front range. It is perfect sleep in weather. The kind where you cozy up under a pile of blankets and make like a bear. See you in the Spring! The boys of summer are still on the field so Summer isn’t completely gone, at least in my heart anyways. How ‘bout them Rockies. As we speak they are currently up 4-1 in the seventh inning of game three. If they hold on we’ll be up in the series 3-0. Nice! Oh yes, and no flying water bottles at Coors Field.

Wasn’t conference inspiring. I have been listening to the sessions again on my mp3 this week; it amazes me how conference always feels tailored just to me. I think I’m in love with Sister Beck. I’ve listened to her speak a few times and I an just so impressed with what she has to say. That was quite the empowering, “tell it like it is” address on motherhood. Some in the world don’t know what there are missing out on. It made me want to be a Mom except for that whole giving birth thing.

Registered for Spring class today. My last! Oh, Joy! I will so be looking forward to Spring. Graduation and Baseball! Does it get any better? For now, I am mired in the heart of the Fall semester. I have a whole Gloria Gaynor vibe going on. I always like to keep a few steps ahead, which has served me well.

Oh yes, and Friday marked my 36th birthday. Mom made a yummy coconut cake for the occasion. Good eats. I took a picture and will post it on my Weblog. Come on people please look at my blog and listen to my podcast. I beg of you, it won’t be hazardous to your heath to listen to my soothing tones. There’s lots of primo stuff. Received a brand new set of scriptures for my birthday. A moment of sad failure has come upon me as I retire my scriptures of almost 15 years. They have served me well and have been worn out. Goodbye faithful friend. My new set for not at least feel like an interloper. That shall pass.

With that, I wish you all well and pray this finds you healthy and happy. Go Rockies!


Love,

Steve

No comments: