Saturday, January 3, 2009

Once a writer, always a writer

For much of my life I have viewed myself as a writer. A lazy one, at times, but a writer none the less. As a youth, my teachers often spoke highly of my writing ability. In high school I became quite the student journalist and even wrote a bit in that vein in college. History is considered a writing degree as well; I know I did enough of it as an undergrad. I have even fancied myself as a poet at times. I have kept a journal, off and on since my mission and have become more consistent in recent years. It is something I enjoy a great deal, no matter what type of writing I am doing. There is such a pleasure that can be found in discovering words, manipulating them and making them sing or create a vivid and engaging image or situation upon there contact and interaction with a reader's mind.

No comments: